Thursday, April 29, 2010

Tips on Packaging your Products!

It is a nice Cloudy slightly chilly day here in Arizona,So I wanted to take this down time to write a blog with tips on how to make your packages safer for your items & prettier for your customers.Looking for more ways to package your supplies or new Ideas to help "Spruce" up your packaging? Look no further I am here to offer you some valuable tips for packaging your products,Tips are provided from myself from personal experiences weather it is mistakes I have made or Mistakes others have made when sending me a package I will provide it all for you here.*No names of Etsy sellers,websites or store I have bought from that I have had bad packaging experiences with will be named.

First thing to remember when choosing which packing to use for your products is to choose a proper package or bubble mailer that Fits your product a little 'breathing' room is what most products need,Sometimes you may think your product needs to be packaged tighter or needs to be completely stuffed with packing peanuts that Is not always the case I have received an item or two that arrived broken because the packaging was too tight so when the package was being bounced around in the mail room instead of the item being able to have a small amount of 'bounce' room it just smashed up against what was tightly around it & broke.Also ALWAYS remember to mark your package properly according to your products,In big bold black sharpie on the back side of your package you should Always write 'Hand Stamp' (So that the stamping machine doesn't smash whats inside),'Do not bend',or 'Handle with care' on your package other wise your package could end up broken which owning your own Etsy store you do not want to happen because then you lose money having to replace it.

Looking for ways to make your package more exciting for your Customer? Customers love to see pretty packaging 80% of the time your packaging & its contents could be what brings you repeat customers.If you have an item that needs to be wrapped in tissue paper or bubble wrap try finding some Multi colored tissue paper instead of just going with black or white,Try holiday colors for certain Holidays like black & orange for Halloween.Customers also like to know that you care for them as a person & a customer you can do small things such as including a business card or two with special discount codes for the next time they buy,Including extra's gives you a chance that they will pass one onto a friend or family member,Another great way is to Include a hand written or sometimes typed Thank you note or card.Instead of plain brown bubble mailers you can try out colorful bubble mailers which can be found at most stores,99 cent stores & the post office.Remember to shop smart & save money if you check your local dollar store you can find packing supplies such as bubble mailers,document mailers,packing tape,bubble wrap & More.

Taking a little bit of time to make your packaging look nice,neat & professional can sometimes make the biggest differences compared to someone who doesn't.Looking for a way to make your actual product packaging More personal & Professional Please feel free to check out PinkpixelLilly.etsy.com Who can make you amazing products using your Logo below you can see some of the work she has done for me:

25 comments:

  1. Great ideas, especially about not packing too tightly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome tips. Never thought about the "hand stamp" or packing too tightly
    http://southern05belle.blogspot.com/
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Southern05Belle
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/TieMeUpApparel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love this post, especially the part about shopping smart! That's what I'm all about at http://michellebank.com

    I'm teaching how to save 50% or more on groceries and household items!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great tips! I'm always looking for good seller info while I prepare to set up shop sometime in the future.

    I'm your newest follower via etsy forums. I'm having a giveaway Monday if you would like to check it out: http://theatticstudio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing those tips!
    I'm actually just about to pack couple of cups today and was struggling with it the whole morning. The idea of visiting the $1 shops never occur to me somehow. That's great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for the comments! I enjoy helping out fellow Etsy shop owners with easy tips that they might not have thought of before hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's some good advice. I never thought about including more than one business card, but it's smart. The customer may pass your card on to a friend or family member and result in another sale. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog :D Thanks for the awesome tips.

    http://www.etherealbeginnings.etsy.com
    http://www.etherealbeginnings.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for the follow. I am following your blog now.
    This is a great article, thanks for the advice!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  12. good tips - packaging is very important in making the right impression.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great post! I'll have to remember to send more than one business card!

    http://www.etsy.com/shop/somanymemories
    http://sewcrazed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is good advise!

    Http://www.buddhakittyglass.com
    http://buddhakittyglass.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the design on the packaging.

    http://aplanetnamedjanet.blogspot.com/2010/05/rooster-4-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for the tips!

    As for your comment on my blog - it takes a lot of patience and conditioner to grow out your hair! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. You are so right, packaging does matter. It's definitely a reflection of the business and I do think that it helps determine repeat customers.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great post!

    ...and I'm following your blog now!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for following my blog, I'm following you too now :)

    Great ideas, I really found the 'breathing room' packaging tips useful as I've been trying to find the answer to how to get my new rings and stud earrings through the post in one piece. Thanks, I will definitely give that a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. thanks for the tip re packaging. and thanks for following my blog and entering my giveaway. now following you too.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great tips!! I need to work on my packaging. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Nice ideas! I think people forget that packing well doesn't always mean packing tightly. Thankfully my items are felt plushies and are essentially padding themselves! :)

    ReplyDelete