Sunday, June 26, 2016

Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey Performance!

****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others. Admission fee's have been provided free of charge by Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Circus


I've been to the Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey show once when I was younger, I don't remember everything from the show but I remember it was pretty exciting to see and be a part of. The circus is currently in town and I was able to take my children to see the show. The big difference that I noted and liked right away is the fact that the show wasn't taking place inside of an out-door tent with the old wooden benches, it does give you the nostalgia of how the circus used to be but being in-doors in comfortable seating and in a air conditioned building was very nice since temps are currently in the triple digits in Phoenix.















 


Many people may not be aware but Ringling Brothers and Barnum & Bailey will no longer be using elephants in their acts, they have retired all of their elephants due to various reasons, but you will still see tigers, camels, horses and dogs in the show. I don't remember everything about the circus from when I went when I was six but I don't remember there being a real rhyme or reason to how the acts came on they just had a set line up they put on, but at the show we watched there was a story to it and the acts were intertwined into the story. The story was about two clowns who go on an adventure to different places such as the jungle, desert and on a boat so the acts were dressed to match where they were such as Egyptian clothing for when they were in the desert and mermaids when they were on the boat. The show was entertaining and had light effects with fire works to make the show a little more exciting for the kids. The show was two hours long with a short intermission in the middle which gives everyone the chance to use the bathroom and it give the performers a break.






There was a mixture of various strong men, acrobatics and cute animal acts during the show along with several singing and skit acts thrown in. I have a seven year old and a three year old who both did pretty good at the show with sitting still and watching the show, my three year old was a little fussy towards the end but did a good job. Seating was $20-$60 depending on where you want to sit, and be prepared to bring extra money if you want snacks, drinks or souvenirs which range in prices. Drinks were $7.75 for a large coke, Popcorn was $8 for a small bag or $12 for a small bag with a small reusable bag for the kids, coloring books were $5, toys were $12-$30, programs were $20, etc. food and items definitely were not cheap so if you don't want to spend big bucks I would plan on eating before the show. Over all it was a great show and we really enjoyed ourselves, there were dozens of people and everyone seemed to be in very good moods before, during and after the show which is always nice to see. 

14 comments:

  1. I went to the circus when my older kids were toddlers. I'd love to go again! The poodles are cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was a kid, yes, and it was unforgettable! :) I loved getting a rose that lit up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never been to a circus performance. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never been to a circus like this. I went to a much smaller one when I was young. I barely remember it except I still have the coloring book I got there. This looks incredible, amazing acts.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never been to a circus show. I always have been to amusement parks. I would go to Ringling brothers and Barnum & bailey. I love fun shows!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen this as a kid. Haven't really gone as an adult. If it comes,I'd like to take my girls!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I went to Ringling brothers and Barnum & Bailey as a kid and really loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Went to circus growing up and remembered how much fun it was, when I had my kid I took them and thought it wasn't the same. It was a little sad.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have never been to the circus but it sounds fun

    ReplyDelete
  11. We actually have been to "The Greatest Show on Earth"! Probably the best show we have been to!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to love going to the circus as a child! I haven't been in many years though.

    ReplyDelete
  13. We went to the circus a few times when my son was growing up, always fun!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I've been to the circus once, a long time ago. It was very entertaining.

    ReplyDelete