Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Arizona Sea Life Aquarium Review!

****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Sea Life for the review free of charge.****



I am always trying to look for fun new places to take my children that are in or around our area that are affordable and fun for the entire family. I've heard about a local aquarium called Sea Life Aquarium Arizona located in Tempe but I have never personally been there until this last weekend. I was sent some tickets for myself and my family to attend and check out their aquarium. Sea Life is located inside of Arizona Mills mall so I was unsure exactly how big of a attraction this would be but I was actually quite surprised at how large it actually was and how much they had to offer. As soon as you arrive you are greeted by friendly and smiling staff who are ready to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. Once you pay for your ticket the kids are handed a pair of paper glasses to keep along with a 'dive book' which they carry with them through out the aquarium and stamp them at each stop along the way using a self stamping station located in each area.





After purchasing your tickets you head around the corner and get your picture taken in front of a green screen and given a ticket to view these photos at the end of your visit, from there you enter into a small room that has a TV and plays a welcome video for you before opening a door into the aquarium. There aren't any tour guides that hurry you along you simply walk through at your own pace looking at all the different sea creatures, they had lots of small fish and some that were pretty large they also had an interactive rock pool area where you could touch shrimp, lobsters, and star fish. I think they had a lovely selection of fish and I was able to see quite a few I've never seen before along with fish much larger than any I've seen for example they had a giant puffer fish, I thought the one my day job has was large until I seen the one Sea life had.





They have quite a few 'bubbles' in different areas of the aquarium that you could crawl under and stick your head into to get a better up close look at the fish, they had a circular room that the fish swim around you in, a tunnel you walk through where the fish completely surround you including a see through floor where they swim under you along with a number of other large tanks, they also had a small theater room which was featuring a video about sea life. My favorite was about midway through the aquarium where they had a large round tank filled with sting rays, sharks and more all swimming together they had a small cave like area you could enter to see the fish up close and they also had a deck area you could go up to and view the fish from above. I have a short video of this area on my instagram account that I posted while at the aquarium, you can view that video here. At the end of the trip they have a play ground for the kids and a gift shop where you can turn in your completed dive book which you stamped along the way to get a medal for your kids (shown above) as a reward for finishing the book and learning about the fish. If you live near the Tempe/Phoenix area I suggest visiting Sea Life Arizona, you won't be disappointed!



Love Pirates? Well you are in luck because Pirate Week is coming! September 13-20- Ahoy, Matey! Grab your eye patch and brush up on your pirate lingo for a week of swashbuckling fun. On September 15th & 19th they will be dunking mermaids and pirates in a dunk tank to raise money for Merlin’s Magic Wand. As an added bonus, the first 50 children who visit each day will receive a free eye patch!



Sea Life is always adding new features to their aquarium for example the New Underwater Ray feeding on Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday at 1:00pm Watch as our team of aquarists dive into the 161,000 gallon ocean tank to hand-feed the stingrays! You can find a full list of their daily feeding schedules and events in the main entrance/gift shop. Tickets are $18 per person but they do run specials for discounts if you join their mailing list.

30 comments:

  1. This would be a great day trip for the kids, now if only I lived closer....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a fun place reminds me of the aquarium near me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So fun! I wish I even had an aquarium near me!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Since we enjoy aquariums we would love this!
    thanks for the info

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a lot of fun, would be a great day trip for the whole family. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love aquariums. The last time I went to one was '96 with my sister and her two little ones (not little anymore). It was great.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My daughter loves to go to aquariums to see the fish and dolphins!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks like such a fun visit! So many cool things to see!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like they have a nice assortment of fish, this looks like a lot of fun. I live a little over an hour away from this and will have to think about going sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like your family had lots of fun....too bad its a little bit.of a commute from Boston!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love visiting aquariums. The last one we went to was in the Grand Cayman Islands.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I wish they had one of these where I live! I love aquariums!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love visiting aquariums!
    There's one near me that lets you touch sharks!!!
    They're small (and probably toothless) but still - sharks!!
    they feel like sandpaper.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wishing I lived closer! This looks like a fun time :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looks like an amazing place to take the family
    crazyweirdo33@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love aquariums! Hopefully I can make it out to Arizona soon!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I Love taking my kids to Aquariums!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love it< looks fun

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marnie G (Derrick Todd)September 9, 2015 at 10:24 PM

    So much fun! I love going to the aquarium.

    ReplyDelete
  20. It's so cool that they have the "bubbles". It'd be nice to get that close. We have an aquarium in Tampa that's really nice too. Glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I enjoy visiting aquariums also. My children too. We do have one to visit about 45 minutes away.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  22. We have a little aquarium less than a mile from our house! We'll have to take a family trip there soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. I didn't get a chance to go here last time I was down there, it looks like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I have always loved aquariums.This looks like a really nice place to visit!

    ReplyDelete