Friday, August 21, 2015

Smart Art Review!

****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others. The products mentioned below have been provided by Smart Art for the review free of charge.****

 Are you artsy but at a loss about what to create sometimes? A monthly subscription box has you covered! They are called Smart Art and they send you one box a month that contains a art project for you to work on, along with instructions and of course the supplies. I received July's Smart Box which contained a "Create a Van Gogh Landscape" project which included a Pro Stroke Red Sable Brush Filbert size 6 (Retail $24.50), Creative Mark All Edge Media Cotton Canvas 8"x10" (Retail $12.58), Creative Mark Painter's Edge Painting Knife 2" (Retail $7.95), SOHO Urban Artists Colors 4 50ML Tubes in the colors Cadmium Red Deep, Cadmium Yellow, Ultamarine Blue, & Titanium White (Retail $22), along with a Chelsea Classical Studio Lavender Brush Cleaner bottle (Retail $15.95) and an instructions booklet showing you step by step how to create your master piece. (Total retail of $82.98 for all the included products).





This subscription box retails for $49.95 a month with free shipping, this may seem a little steep to some but you receive 8-11 full sized art supplies and get to create your own unique art piece. Every month a different artist is featured and inside of the booklet they go over a brief history on that months artist. The booklet also includes tips for your project, for example this box noted you should wear clothes you don't mind getting dirty because the oil paint does not come off easily. I personally think this box is great, I've always been interested in checking out a local art class or group but I usually never have the time to attend one and I can be shy at times so I am excited I can work on something beautiful at home on my own time without feeling like I am being judged. On that note I do have to say that I haven't gotten around to starting this art project my month has been pretty crazy so far but I am looking forward to diving head first into the project as soon as time allows. For the price of the box I do think this subscription is worth it even if you aren't the best at doing anything artsy this box allows you a chance to test things out, get dirty and create something beautiful. With their step by step instructions it makes it easy for even beginners to enjoy their monthly art project.

23 comments:

  1. Thank you for all the info and sweepstakes you offer us 🌙

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great subscription, my sister would love this. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not very crafty but this still sounds like a fun subscription box to get.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For what art supplies cost this isn't that expensive. I'm not a very artsy person but both of my daughters are. However with college neither really have the time. I am going to keep this in mind though. Thanks for the good review.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a shame you didn't have a chance to actually do it. Looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  6. For what art supplies cost this isn't that expensive.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This would be great for my sis, she is very artsy

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks like a great subscription box! I am the same way I don't have a lot of time to do this but it is something I would consider.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Art supplies are very expensive. This price is a great deal and very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. While I'm not very good at creating art, I do love to do art projects. This would be such a fun subscription box. I understand why it costs what it does. Art supplies are expensive so, really this is a pretty good deal. Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Marnie G (Derrick Todd)August 31, 2015 at 1:46 AM

    What a great subscription box. My sister is a dabbling artist and would love this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Enjoyed reading your review, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. My daughter is an artist. She would really love to receive this for a gift.
    twinkle at optonline dot net

    ReplyDelete
  14. what a great box, this would be great as a gift for someone I know thanks for the info

    lmurley2014@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wish I had the Chelsea Classical Studio Lavender Brush Cleaner 2 months ago.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow -- they have subscription boxes for everything. I use to enjoy drawing and painting.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've never tried an art supplies subscription box but this one looks great! I might give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. my granddaughter would love this sort of thing So crafty lol Im not tho

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another sweet subscription service! I have family that may certainly take great interest in this.

    ReplyDelete