Saturday, August 23, 2014

Color Me Monthly Review!

****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Color Me Monthly for the review free of charge.****



I may not be a pro at doing nail art and my nails may look a bit sloppy at times, but I enjoy painting my nails and I am always on the look out for not only fun new colors but great new brands as well. Like many other products no two nail polish companies are the same! I recently was told about a company called Color Me Monthly who sends out a monthly box containing a mystery nail polish color, part of the fun is not knowing which color you are going to get. They ship out once a month during the first week of the month which means you won't be left waiting until mid to end of the month to get your new color.





I was not only lucky enough to receive the color for August 2014 but I was also sent the polish from October of 2013 to test out and review. I wasn't sure what to expect but I am pleased with the results. The August polish is called Lemon Battery and it is a sunny lemon yellow with a nice shine, the card that came with the polish had the follow description "A piece of citrus with copper and zinc wires science is awesome" and it had a "try me" square for you to test your polish on white paper before painting your nails. I found the polish dried quickly and had a nice yellow shade, it is eye catching but didn't have a "Bam in your face" brightness that makes your eyes sore. I had a small laugh when I saw this months color was yellow as I have been debating getting a yellow so I can do little chicks for Easter, Christmas lights for Christmas and other fun holiday themed polish. The polish dried fast which is good when you have a five year old who doesn't hold still after getting her nails painted.



The shade for October of 2013 is called Alchemist "Into the cauldron inedible candy corn: out, onyx and gold". This shade is a very light black with copper,gold and silver glitter, I found that a layer or two of this shade was a little too light for me so I added another layer or two. I think it looks alright on it's own but if you add a light layer over pure black polish or even red it looks amazing and sparkly. I enjoyed both shades and can think of a number of uses for them. You can purchase a Month of Color Me Monthly or six months to a year, a single month is $7 and a year subscription is $75, If you have the extra money and your looking for a new polish company to enjoy I say go for it and sign up! Although I do enjoy the polish I would buy this as a gift for someone who really loves polish but taking care of two small kids makes it hard to come up with the extra funds a month. I think for me instead of doing a monthly thing I would purchase a few of their past polishes such as the gorgeous Seven Sisters, or Leprechaun’s Loot. Shipping was fast and the polish arrived in an adorable little box that was the perfect size to ship a polish in. Customer service is fast and friendly they go above and beyond to make their customers happy! I think that is a huge plus when it comes to purchasing a product from a company, because if something were to ever go wrong you would want a friendly and helpful customer service agent there to help you.

8 comments:

  1. Left one looks like a starry sky! Lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that yellow color, so fun and pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the yellow one is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice colors I do not think I would use a yellow polish but the other one looks great

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love both colors!
    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Neat! I totally have a thing for nail polish and so I love reviews of new polishes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this nail art. I'll have to try it. Lots of different color combos would work for this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This nail art with black and yellow it's the only time I like to see yellow. by itself I usually don't like (for some reason that I don't know really :P)

    ReplyDelete