Whether you are on a diet or not you should allow yourself a treat once in a while, I've cut back drastically on how much I have been eating and the treat I offer myself comes once a month and it is the Orange Glad sweets box a monthly subscription of baked goods and confections. Boxes start at $13 a month plus shipping and handling, You will receive five fantastic treats in the mail each month from a number of wonderful companies.
I recently received the July box and was delighted to see that they added a new feature to their box the treats now come in adorable little bags tied with twine, prior to this month they were still packaged nicely in the box but I find the new bags and twine to be more appealing to the eye. This months box contained the following treats:
- A Hazelnut cheesecake brownie from Chocolate Maven - This brownie was an ooey gooey delight to eat! It had a rich and creamy taste packed full of flavor, it is one of the best brownies I've had in ages. Even with being made and then shipped to my home it was still moist and tasted as if it was just baked that day.
- A Cranberry muffin top by Seattle's Favorite Gourmet Cookies and Dessert Co. - I didn't personally eat this one my husband and son enjoyed this together, I was told it had a spongy texture that gave it that light fluffiness like pancakes.
- A bag with two Freedom star sugar cookies from Gianna's Homemade Baked Goods - They look as if they would be the harder version of sugar cookies but once you take a bite you find that they are soft and melt in your mouth. They were covered in colored sugar which gave it a cute look and added some extra sweetness to the cookie. I would purchase these cookies again.
- A Chocolate Babka from Lily's Bakery Shop - Okay I will admit at first I didn't know what a Babka was to me it just looked like a fancy piece of bread. After trying this out with my kids I found that it is similar to a cinnamon roll just in bread form making it easier to eat. I think this would make a good breakfast treat and would go great with coffee.
- A Ice Dream Sandwich by Orange glad themselves! I only managed to try a bite of this and thought it had a interesting yet satisfying texture to it, it was sweet and decadent. My one and a half year old then promptly devoured the rest so I can say he loved it.
I personally think the price is worth what you will receive based on how many products you get and the product size. If you want to buy more of one specific item they have many of the products available for sale directly through their website, otherwise you can visit the sponsor companies website. If you are looking for new subscription boxes to purchase this may be one you want to look into getting.