Monday, March 24, 2014

Minky Chic Review

****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion whether good or bad was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.The products mentioned below have been provided by Minky Chic for the review free of charge.****

 I typically do a ton of laundry generally between 1-2 loads a day sometimes more depending on how Messy my kids felt like being the day before. Lately we have been quite busy and haven't spent much time at home which has lead to a little laundry back up meaning my toddlers blankets didn't get washed either, which is why I am happy I keep extras. One of the extra blankets I keep on hand is from a company called Minky Chic who sells toddler blankets and throws are all handmade in the U.S.A.

 

When purchasing a blanket you are first able to browse through the selection of available fabrics they offer selections for both boys and girls, I received a Latte Camo Chocolate Satin Back Minky Baby Blanket for my son. I was looking for a blanket that would completely cover my son as he is large for his age he is 14 months old and generally wears a size 2T so I asked the owner about the size before agreeing to the review, I was told that the blanket was quite large and that a four year old would still be dragging it around. I was curious and wanted to test this theory, I find it works well for car travel and will be used for a year or two for my son it works well so I wanted to test out the four year old theory on my daughter who just recently turned five although she is quite petite for her age. The blanket can be wrapped around her once and goes from her ankles to her mid torso so I would say it wasn't quite as big as I assumed but it is still a pretty good size. The blanket has one slinky satin side which is great for keeping cool since I find it doesn't collect much heat, the other side is made from minky camouflage fabric on the front for those unfamiliar with Mink fabrics they are quite soft but not as slippery as satin material. It does well through the wash so far I haven't had any issues with it. We drive a lot and since I work early [6am] we leave while it is still chilly out, we have been leaving this blanket in our car for the car rides,it is the perfect thing to tuck around him while he is in his car seat and the blanket is small enough it can be folded up and stores easily. The blankets start out at $22 for a travel blanket and $50 for a toddler blanket.