Monday, August 26, 2013

Loot Crate August Box!


 ****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.Products were Provided by Loot Crate for the Review free of charge****
I enjoy subscription boxes but not all of them are the same some can be quite lame for the prices they charge. With that being said I absolutely found my favorite subscription box that is worth the costs, gets me excited to receive every month & makes me giddy when I open it. That site is called Loot Crate which is a Geek/Gamer subscription box.
Last month I received a box which contained some Video Game High School goods, I kept some of it & shared the rest. At that very moment I was hooked & couldn’t wait to get this months box, I sat and patiently waited for August 19th to roll around, Every month the box for that month gets sent out on the 19th.  The theme for this month was “Cake” and it featured a picture of a piece of cake with a small square & a cherry being a gamer it makes you realize it was related to the video game “Portal” which is one of my personal favorite games. I discussed with friends online what could possibly be in it that was portal related.
 What’s in the box for August? I received a Portal Lanyard [Which I will be using to hold my work ID badge for now on],a Portal bracelet, a set of Portal stickers, A Portal temporary tattoo, A Walking Dead mystery figure, A cute T-shirt,&  Jelly Beans. I let out a small squeal when I opened the box and spotted Portal goodies all of my pondering was correct there were in deed portal goods. The Walking Dead is a favorite TV show of mine so I was curious to see which zombie I would get in my Mystery Figure box, I received the Well zombie who actually pops in half. Maybe I can put red confetti inside so it explodes when someone unsuspecting opens it? If you want to see all of the pictures of what I received you can click HERE.
Being a gamer and quite the geek at times I love this subscription box site & look forward to seeing more of what is in their shipments. A hope would be to one day receive their “Mega Crate” each month one member of Loot Crate is picked to receive a “Mega Crate” which contains $250+ worth of goodies this month one of the big ticket items inside of it was a Life sized Portal gun replica. If you love video games, comics or just cute geeky items this monthly package is for you, You can sign up to receive just one month, or you can sign up for six months to a year. Don’t like everything that is in your box? Keep what you like and pass on what you don’t it will spread the wealth and the loot joy. Loot Crate is $13.37 a month [plus s;h] the site guarantees $20+ worth of goodies in your box, If you use the code “LunaMoon10” you will receive 10% off of your purchase price. What do you think might be in Next months box?

16 comments:

  1. Wow, The Walking Dead figurine would be great to have! I like your idea about the red confetti, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this sounds great. I'm curious about subscription boxes. It's nice to find new ideas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ive been thinking about trying Lootcrate... I like everything you got in this box so I may go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool box. I know my hubby would love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow I love the Walking Dead figure. Thanks so much for this information, I will check into this.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We're a family of geeks and gamers :) I don't do a lot of subscription boxes but I've never heard of this one and I want to try it. I'm glad you reviewed it so I can try it~ Thank you! ~Raine~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've seen so many makeup boxes like this, and I have to say that these are just as cool!! I love the concept, and with cute little prizes like these, it'd be something to look forward to every month (:

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am your newest follower, please follow me back thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am so happy the this actually exist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A box for gamers! I will pass review info along to my niece; she'll love it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so in love with this box, now!! All i had to see was the Walking Dead figure, and it was on for me! Thank you for posting...looks like I found a new subscription box.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I never heard of this before but I think it is hilarious! I'm going to look into it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am not a gamer, however, a close friend of mine is. She does them all, it's like her life outside of work. Her birthday is coming up in a few months and she can be difficult to buy for, esp by someone who doesn't know squat about the world of gamers (except my run-in with Farmville, but I'm thinking that doesn't count, lol) Anyway, I think this would be a great gift for her, seems like something she'd like. I'm gonna consult with her sister and I just might get her a year subscription. Thanks for the review!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am addicted to sub services too! I currently only have 3 though; Birchbox, Ipsy, and Goodies Co. This is a nice box though and I love The Walking Dead!

    ReplyDelete
  15. never heard of this box, but by the looks its awesome!!!! will def check into it :D

    ReplyDelete