Thursday, September 15, 2011

Gemmy Review

I am going to try my best to keep up with blog posts, I have run into a few home issues my apartment recently had some flooding due to the apartment upstairs so I have been dealing with maintenance. My computer monitor is also getting worse because its about to die so I have been trying to work around that,good news is I will be getting a new [Well used but new to me] monitor to use until I can find a good flat screen one.



Now onto today's review from a fantastic company called Gemmy who sells a variety of great items but more recently started selling a product called 'My Pet Firefly' before I go into product details I wanted to let you know why I wanted to do a review of the 'My Pet Firefly' for the first Five years of my life I lived in states where it was easy to catch real fireflies & see them out in the yard once I moved to Arizona I haven't seen any since [With the exception of one cross country trip]. When the 'My Pet Firefly' arrived I was excited to see it in action,My Fiance doesn't like it but he is just hard headed when I showed it to my mother & her boyfriend they loved it,in fact my mother now wants one of her own.



For my review I was sent the Green pet firefly,After examining the jar when I first received it I found that the jar is Real glass so I would place it somewhere that it won't easily be knocked over.The firefly itself is very cute it has big eyes,a body & two small wings with a light on its butt just like the real thing,The firefly is attached to a small metal wire which is what makes it move & glow.In the box it came with a demo mode which shows the firefly flutter around for a bit then it goes off,In normal 'On' mode you can tap the top of the jar to keep the firefly fluttering.The pet firefly is battery operated if they battery ever runs out it is simple to replace all you have to do is unscrew the lid & remove the old battery to add a new one.The lid fits well over the top of the jar hiding the battery pack so all you see is the firefly.To get the firefly to light up all I have to do is tap the jar,to get him to fly around longer or be more active All I need to do is pat the top of the jar once or twice then he goes nuts.My daughter & cat are very entertained by this product its great for small children & even adults I also enjoy the 'My Pet Firefly'. Gemmy also offers a similar product which has Butterflies in jars I would love to own one of those as well.****This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.Products were Provided by Gemmy for the Review free of charge****

3 comments:

  1. Those are great! My daughter is always a bit disappointed when we have to release all the fireflies after catching them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is soo intriguing! I myself have never seen a real firefly but they're pretty on tv. This would be a cool addition to my bedroom. I bet my cats would like it too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe the cool things they come up with. I wish they would have had these when I was a kid! hehehe
    Angela Michels
    lilsweeper76 at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete