Earth Day!

Earth Day is celebrated each year by many people around the world, Though many people are unaware of when it is.What is Earth day? Earth Day is a day that is intended to inspire awareness and appreciation for the Earth's natural environment.The very first 'Earth Day' was held on April 22, 1970. Over 20 million people participated that year, and Earth Day is now observed on April 22 each year by more than 500 million people and several national governments in 175 countries.



Do you do anything special for Earth Day? When I was a child I used to help my grandmother plant flowers & small shrubs in her garden each year to celebrate earth day,Since I no longer have a actual garden I buy plants to keep on my apartment porch.I work for Target [If you live outside of the US or do not know what Target is it is a large retailer chain] & Each year Target gives away Free reusable bags [with purchase] to their guests I think this is a great Idea & perfect since many people are switching to reusable bags I myself like using the bags because more fits in them,they are easy to carry,do not break & your saving plastic bags.




Easter is also coming up on the 24th of April,Do you have anything special planned with your family? My work will be closed on Easter so in the morning my Daughter will be looking for her Easter eggs & basket then we are meeting up with some family at the Lake for a day of food & fun.

No comments: