Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Gnu Foods & Bumble Bar Reviews

Even though I have been doing a horrible job at it [With some help from some not so helpful family members] I have been trying to lose weight which for me is hard because there are usually sweets in the house or else some of our relatives bring over calorie packed meals for us to eat so I am always on the look out for healthy alternatives I can keep around the house for my DH & I to snack on.I recently received a chance to work with two Great companies that create Healthy snack bars The first company & First review of today is called Gnu Foods & the Second review will be on a company called Bumble Bar.



For my Gnu Foods review I was sent an assortment box of their Fiber bars.I will admit I wasn't a huge fan of some of the flavors mainly because they are just flavors I don't like in general which were the Espresso chip,Orange cranberry & Lemon Ginger but the flavors I did like were the Peanut Butter,Banana Walnut & Chocolate brownie[My daughters favorite] my DH likes the Cinnamon raisin.Each bar is packed full of Fiber & flavor with only 140 calories they make a great little snack they taste pretty good as well if my picky daughter will eat them then you know they are good.Best of all they don't cost an arm & a leg you can get a box with all seven flavors [1-2 of each] for only $10.50 including shipping! Feel free to visit their Site to learn more about their bars.**This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.Products were Provided by Gnu Foods for the Review**



While on the subject of healthy food bars I got to work with a second company called Bumble Bar who makes Gluten Free vegan organic Energy bars.To be completely honest I have a Love/Hate feeling towards the Bumble bars they are mainly made from Sesame seeds I love sesame seeds in stir fry & on my hamburger buns but have never been a huge fan of them by their selves. For my review I was sent six of their bumble bars in various flavors My favorite was the Original with almond it tasted the best to me & I would eat more of them they were yummy,My least favorite was the Chocolate Cherry/Chunky Cherry I am not sure why but I did not like the chunks of cherries that were on the bar to me it made the bar have a funny taste.I would buy these bars again though I would mainly just buy the Original with Almost & Original with Cashews.Each bar has only 210 calories each bar is 1.6oz.Their prices are fair as well only $27 for a pack of 15 bars.Feel Free to visit Their Site to learn more about their bars.**This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.Products were Provided by Bumble Bar for the Review**

19 comments:

  1. There are flavors from both brands I would like to try

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been going on a diet too because I am a health risk for dietetics so these would really help

    ReplyDelete
  3. these look delish and healthy too! a plus!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great healthy snack to replace the junk I've been eating! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It doesn't surprise me that you didn't like the chocolate cherry, i'm not a big fan of that combination myself.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The fiber bars sound interesting. I wonder if eating too many of them has the same effect as eating too many laxative chocolates. When we were kids, we snuck into our mom's medicine cabinet and stole what we thought were regular chocolates. The karma for our deeds was rather... explosive.

    And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Bumble Bars. I moved out to the country, so it has been hard to track them down here. I stock up whenever I go into the City.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmmm the chocolate brownie sounds great!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're so lucky to get to taste these delicious bars!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am a sucker for anything organic, and anything that contains fiber, those look like they could become my favorite snack after a workout OR before a workout. I am not picky when it comes to flavor, so I am sure I would probably like all of them :)

    Thanks for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't heard of this brand before. They sound tasty and the colories are not too bad.

    dorcontest at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I don't think I would like some of those odd flavors either but the others sound delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am like you burning moon, I like a sweet, chocolatey taste..even it is lower in calories I like to feel like I am having a treat...not a cardboard bar.

    pamfreecycle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm always in search for tasty and healthy snack bars. Those seem delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think that my favorite would be Banana Walnut & Chocolate brownie. I choose the same that your daughter did.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love to eat healthy food bars. I think the Peanut butter and Chocolate brownie would be my favorite since I have a sweet tooth. :p

    ReplyDelete