Friday, July 9, 2010

Mixology Review

If someone were to ask me one thing I own too much of,I would have to Answer Makeup it is not that I am obsessed with makeup I just like having lots of colors to choose from to go with my outfits granted since I don't wear makeup everyday I think my eye shadow supply could last me a good 10-20 years[Yes I am Makeup spoiled but most of it comes from finding great shopping deals] lol But my massive makeup collection is a Good thing for You! Because it means I have tried dozens of brands so I can tell which are bad,I can share bad experiences & I can share some amazing products with you that I find along the way. One Huge Hit to me is Mineral Makeup ever since I started using it I refuse to use any other type of eye shadow.



I was lucky enough to get a chance to review some makeup samples by Mixology Makeup ,The main issue I normally have when it comes to getting or reviewing Foundation is that its hard to find a foundation that matches well with my skin tone,I am very pale so I need very light foundation usually I used Porcelain or another light shade close to it but since every company has their own name for the shades its hard to tell sometimes which fits best,So I was happy to find that the Foundation that was sent by Mixology Makeup was a very close match to my skin tone,So far I have only tried one of the eye shadows a few of them I was unsure if there was enough to test out the samples felt rushed so there was a very light sprinkle of the eye shadow in them but from the eye shadow I tested it was a very nice shade & went on easily I had no problem with it fading through out the day Though I do have an issue with touching my right eye lid a lot so I did have to re apply the eye shadow once or twice to keep the same color as my left eye.Over all I am happy with the samples sent by Mixology Makeup their product prices are very fair as well.**This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.Products were Provided by Mixology Makeup for the Review**

13 comments:

  1. I have a problem as well finding my shade of foundation i can use i usually buy the same brand i don't like branching off from my normal makeup

    ReplyDelete
  2. Up until recently I have never used mineral makeup until my daughter suggested it one day while we are out,I love the way it feels its very light compared to what im used too

    ReplyDelete
  3. what other makeup brand are they comparable to? that's a pretty color in the photo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the shade pictured in the post I think i might get it for my birthday this year

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you for all the comments.

    DG- I usually try not to 'name drop' companies when using comparisons unless pointing out something positive about them.

    I usually compare Mineral makeup to normal store brands that almost every girl has tried such as Cover girl.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds awesome, I never tried that kind of make up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love all the colors they offer i am more into light makeup so lighter shades always catch my eye

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think I cringed when you said you have a pale skin tone and you live in AZ, EK! same here tho, I'm the palest shade of ivory and its hard to find a foundation that doesn't pale out my skin so much that it makes me look like a washed out crack whore! (vs the alternative of wearing a mask!) I'll have to check them out!

    Anna
    perfectbluemoon@gmail[dot]com

    ReplyDelete
  9. i've never used mineral eyeshadow! actually i've rarely used mineral products at all. Did it break you out?

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've rarely used mineral eyeshadow, but it probably goes on fantastic! Especially if it has some shimmer to it. Using eyeshadows that are caked are usually so blah... The color doesn't show up well or it's super crumbly and messy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like the shade in the picture too, it's kinda dreamy for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. ive never been too good at applying eye shadow, but i like the color

    ReplyDelete
  13. i love mineral makeup. its light on my skin and doesn't make my skin breakout. thank you for a nice review.

    ReplyDelete