Thursday, July 22, 2010

Glass Dharma Review

One thing I haven't really thought about before was how many Plastic straws my family & I go through each month My fiance likes to have Ice in his drink but he will not drink out of the cup directly if there is ice in it so I always have to put a straw in his cup as well which normally is thrown away after he is done using it.I have tried using crazy straws & the hard plastic straws they sell at the store but they always had too small of a straw hole you either didn't get enough when you were drinking or they were hard to clean resulting in a nasty straw,I never knew there was a safe & fun alternative that also helps the environment.



Recently for a review I had the pleasure of working with a company called Glass Dharma For my review I received Four glass straws of various sizes & design.One is The Beautiful Bend which is Slightly bent to “reach” for your lips, this straw is slightly longer and has the same clarity and sparkle of all of our straws. The perfect accompaniment to the well stocked beverage bar.The second & third straws I got were The decorative dots straws which are used to color code your drinks (or just plain decorate your place setting), they also keep your straw from rolling off of the table or counter & the fourth straw is The Simple Elegance Standard length drinking straw which is self explanatory.They company uses a special process called “annealing” that eliminates excessive stress in the glass to create their straws.



My Experience:
At first I wasn't sure how well I would like the straws because of the fact I like to chew on my straws [Bad habit I know] but I really like using the glass straws since they are glass they do not suction together while your drinking & they can't get holes in them so it makes it easier to drink out of your glass.I also noticed that since the straw itself is a little larger than the plastic straws I am used to it makes my drink disappear faster which means I drink more water during the day which is a huge plus because I need it in this heat/The Decorative dots straw is also very fun because of the colorful dots,My two year old likes this straw best it helps her drink more water as well.My fiance likes to fight over the Green Decorative dots straw because he likes using it for his sodas.I enjoyed the fact that they came with small scrubbing brushes,since the straws are clear is is easy to see the inside to make sure they are truly clean.The glass is very sturdy I admit that I am clumsy & did drop one of my straws on the way to my kitchen but the straw did not break,I couldn't see any change in it from before I had dropped it.I had an over all great experience with this product & the product themselves are priced very fair.**This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.Products were Provided by Glass Dharma for the Review**

14 comments:

  1. I like the look of the straws they would be perfect for my family but I would be afraid of losing them i would need a case or something to carry them in

    ReplyDelete
  2. They should make some with Animals & flowers & things more kids,teens & adults would want to use them I know I would use one with a frog on it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would be afraid I would break them unless I tried them before I bought them I don't think i would buy them for that fact

    ReplyDelete
  4. GlassDharma does sell carrying cases, sleeve made from hemp and a hard case made from bamboo.

    All of their products are handmade in the USA

    Cleaning and breakage fear questions are answered in their blog:
    http://glassdharma.blogspot.com/
    http://glassdharma.blogspot.com/2009/09/cleaning-of-straw.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the straws but would be too scared using glass straws!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think it's a great idea! I personally don't drink from plastic straws while out. I've seen many dusty (in the inside) plastic straws. It'd be great to have one for the washing machine :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea I like that fact they are easy to wash & they are clear I read a disgusting story about a girl finding cockroach eggs in her straw at a restaurant because roaches like to lay their eggs in a dark place & restaurants keep their straws in dark places I always check before I drink from them this would make me even less afraid

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have been trying to be more "green" and this seems like a good idea but like other readers, I would be afraid to break them.

    pamfreecycle@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. These straws look nice. I had never heard of using glass straws before. That's original.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i don't know if those would work well in my kitchen, things tend to break. but i do have some great plastic cups that have built in straws!

    ReplyDelete
  11. We don't use many straws, but if we did I would be all over this...they seem fun and eco-friendly, too. Thank you for the review!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hm it looks pretty cool but I still like chewing on my straws!

    ReplyDelete
  13. We use quite a few straws. I'm wondering if these can go in the dishwasher??? I'll check the site, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I think these are so neat! So much better than the plastic ones that always seem to have holes in them.

    ReplyDelete