Sunday, July 11, 2010

Calabases Candy Co. Review

I had a great time at my mothers BBQ today,seeing how big all the kids are getting makes me realize just how fast my daughter will grow.Every once in a while it is always nice to try something new that you have never tried before,I am always up for trying a new sweet not only to help my sweet tooth subside its urge but to possibly find my new favorite treat but I don't eat nearly as many sweets as I used to so when I do have chocolate or something sweet every once in a while its normally something I have had before so when I received a chance to work with a sweets company called Calabases Candy Co. I was happy to say yes to a product review.



For my review I received three different types of candy which are as follows: Pistachio Nougat,Cream Caramel,Peruvian Dark Chocolate Caramels.Like usual I expected them to be slightly melted from the heat here in Az , so before I tested them out I put them in the freezer to harden back up so that they wouldn't make a sticky mess when I tried to eat them.I was a little disappointed that the sweets were not correctly labeled even looking at the sheet with all the different flavors they offer I could only tell what one of the candies were.I personally loved the Peruvian Dark Chocolate Caramels they tasted like tootsies rolls but smoother & not as hard to chew I would suggest these to the fans of tootsies rolls that have braces you still get the same great taste but you won't have your teeth stuck together while you chew,They were also a big hit at the BBQ my DH & I hosted,While over our friends ate almost every piece of candy we had though the Pistachio Nougats weren't as popular I think it was mostly because of their green color.Over all the candy I received taste great & they are a great size for snacking.Please feel free to visit their site to check out their other yummy flavors.**This was not a paid post and my honest opinion was used. The opinions are solely my own and may vary from others.Products were Provided by Calabases Candy Co. for the Review**

20 comments:

  1. Their site has some yummy looking treats

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks delicious! Pistachio is usually one my big favorites :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree! I also hate when candies aren't properly labeled and you have to guess as to which candy is the one you want!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I ordered some things a while back and a present for my mother in law for mothers day, they are great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Cream Caramel and Pistachio Nougat
    sound delicious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm a chocolate lover and I want to try them all! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. If I was able to still eat candy like this I would it looks yummy

    ReplyDelete
  8. they look yummooo......i love chocolates.
    username- ks sn
    email- kssn31@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Handmade candy like this is worth the calories!
    PMNSL95 at triad dot rr dot com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow, those look yummy! They would probably melt if they were sent here also, it's been 100 degrees lately... I'd like to try the Peruvian Dark Chocolate Caramels...

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really love their products! I would love to try them if I have the chance!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmmmmmmmmmm i'm a chocoholic. deffo going to visit them now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This looks too yummy! i wish you had posted pics of the box you got too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for the comments Mruna I would have posted the pictures of the three baggies I got but the Heat here in Arizona got to them & they were all melted/deformed so I didn't want to photograph them

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love chocolates and trying new brands. Thank you for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh man, peruvian dark chocolate caramels! That sounds sooo good. Their strawberry marshmallows look awesome, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thanks for the review! Mmm I want these chocolates!

    ReplyDelete