Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Happy Holidays! Saving Tips for the Holidays

I want to start off by saying HAPPY HOLIDAYS to everyone no matter what December holiday you celebrate,The holidays are always full of such love a lot of people really get into the holiday spirit & lend a helping hand to those less fortunate,co-workers & boss's are happier & friendlier if only everyone could have this kind of attitude year round that would make a huge difference.One thing for sure about the Holiday season is it makes our wallets very thin & makes us all have to think about how to spend our money & get the most out of it.So here are a few idea's for saving Money this Holiday season.



Did you know you can make Ornaments out of Cinnamon & Applesauce?How to steps are easy to find all over the internet,one your "mix" is made you can use a cookie cutter or a knife to create your own ornaments that will last for years to come,this is a Great family craft & its fun for everyone no matter what age you are.Another great way to decorate your house or your Christmas tree is to take some thin fishing wire or string & string popcorn onto it & hang it up,it is cheap & easy to make.Want colored popcorn strings? Food coloring works great.Want to eat it after? Why not make some popcorn or rice crispy balls & wrap them in plastic wrap until its time to eat them,Another cute decorating idea which you can eat is to take a piece of foam in a tree shape then use tooth picks & gumdrops to make a cute little tree for everyone to see & eat.



Short on Money for gifts? If you don't get the newspaper or weekly store ads i would suggest going out to get one there are many stores offering amazing stocking stuffer deals,Micheal's craft store has 200+ stocking stuffers for under $5 everything from toys,to craft kits,Target has a very nice dollar section as well,I myself got a screw driver that came with eight interchangeable head bits & it is also a flash light for my fiances stocking for only $2 found at Target.Want a variety of items? Do you have an Etsy store? why not do some trades with other shops for items you can use for gifts or stocking stuffers? The only thing it will cost you is the amount your item cost to ship,& it will help both you & the other shop owner save money & get some great gifts for the Holidays. I hope EVERYONE has a Happy & Safe holiday season!

Have any Money saving tips of your own? Leave a comment here & You could be included in this post or one of my upcoming blog posts.

Don't forget to enter my latest Contest to win some Mineral Makeup

11 comments:

  1. Great tips! I love the cinnamon applesauce ornaments. They smell amazing!
    My tip: If you need a gift for teachers, try baking some goodies. They'll appreciate your effort, and won't have to store another trinket. Our tradition is cinnamon rolls, but last year we made about 4 different kinds of fudge instead, and they were yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m a big fan and follower of your blog. I was recently passed this award and wanted to also send it to you!

    http://tesorojewelry.blogspot.com/2009/12/kreativ-blogger-award.html

    Thanks for being an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great tips! I like your cinnamon ornament idea!! I just try to handmake as much as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tips - everyone's looking to save a bit this holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post - I just did a trade with another Etsy seller and I'm thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Michael's for stocking stuffers too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Michael's is awesome!

    My tip used to be to make gifts (like knitting) for people, but now that I have my etsy shop, I have no time to do it...I've made only one gift this year...*sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've made the cinnamon ornaments before, and they actually lasted a surprising number of years (yes, years!).

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love yur ideas.... great tips
    Happy Holidays, and have a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great tips. I remember stringing popcorn as a kid... so fun!

    ReplyDelete