Friday, December 18, 2009

Cheap home activities

Today I wanted to share some great Activities you can do at home for cheap with your children during their Winter Break. If you are short on cash but want to do something fun with your kids this winter break don't worry there are plenty of things you can do that will cost you very little,as well as some very helpful websites that can help you find cheap things to do in your area. Do you have a zoo close to you? Did you know that most zoo's host a FREE zoo day once to twice a year,I was very happy when I found this out & googled my local zoo unfortunately we already missed the free day but I have high hopes for next year.

Too cold to go outside? Why not make some cookies for scratch,its fun easy & cheap to make(Most dollar stores have everything you need,flour,sugar,ect) it is also one of the best memories your children will keep with them for the rest of their lives.Try mixing it up by adding cinnamon,ginger,chocolate chips, kisses or anything else you have a liking for,Sprinkles & frosting are always fun to mess around with as well, If you have an old plastic container that is flexible you can use a knife to cut out a flower design,peace sign or anything else your creative mind can think of & then take a baggie full of frosting cut the tip of one side of the bag off then hold or fold the pattern under it for cute designs on your cookies(or cakes/cupcakes)

When I was a kid I used to like making gifts to give to friends or family on birthdays,Christmas,ect such as cards,ornaments,boxes & more. You can make them out of practically anything I used to cut the bottom of a soda can out making sure none of the edges were sharp them I would glue two of them together to form a 3d ball & I would glue pictures to them to give to families for their Christmas trees which they all still own.Another activity that is fun & cheap is finding interesting shaped rocks or "pet" rocks & painting them or gluing eyes,ect to them. If you google cheap activities you will find many free sites that are helpful with planning things to do. I hope you enjoyed this blog post! Have a great weekend everyone.

4 comments:

  1. Was I one of the winners, or another Laura? :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry That I didn't make it more specific, The Laura who won has the email address spektorish@gmail.com

    I will be contacting them tonight to collect their shipping info.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't received an email; just hoping my address is correct.

    If spektorish@gmail.com doesn't work, you can try Etsy messages, my name is laurart.

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete